Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've decided I want another toy. The Piecha website doesn't list an r171 version, only a 172. I have contacted them in the hopes they do have it available.
In the meantime, does anyone know of a source here in the US? I see SprintBooster on squeeze bay and Amazon but for some reason I am of the mind Piecha is more desirable. Perhaps some members will chime in on this. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I punched her to get across three lanes of traffic. All I could think was "damn where are the horses?"

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,955 Posts
As ignorant as it may sound, nodding the ecu Make a me scared. Would air filters make much difference? What kind do you suggest?
Try the cheap easy air filter mod route first
And see if any slight difference .

Then do ecu mod and you can always revert back to normal .
Go for power low down and some mpg saving
Or all power etc and slight mpg gain .

Depends what your after
But dont over do it .

·
94,213 Posts
you pay Kleemann as an example or any other company that does ecu modifications

you saw my ecu tune thread already, yes?

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
I've got BMC High Performance filters. I got these before the x pipe and it does make a slight difference noise wise. Better air flow too. I'd recommend them.

And I recently fitted the sprint booster. I think it's really good and would recommend that also. Makes it smoother and reacts a lot quicker.

I'll be getting a remap once I've had headers, de cat and back boxes. As I don't want to keep getting it tweaked.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to buy some better filters, although I cannot imagine how ingoing air quality/flow/whatever will affect exhaust sound. I guess that's why I'm not a physicist or a mechanic...

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
I'm going to buy some better filters, although I cannot imagine how ingoing air quality/flow/whatever will affect exhaust sound. I guess that's why I'm not a physicist or a mechanic...
I mean you'll hear a slight growl and the sucking of the air more >:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a pedalbox and very happy with it. Low price compared to the others (although still a lot of money for what it is) and a good number of settings - although I just leave it on the one I like.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a pedalbox and very happy with it. Low price compared to the others (although still a lot of money for what it is) and a good number of settings - although I just leave it on the one I like.
Chicken what is a pedal box? Who makes it?

·
94,213 Posts
google speed booster or sprint booster

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I gave in to temptation last night and ordered the Piecha converter. I guess all points are moot now.

Thanks to those who responded need to this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts