Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
* Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got hit today in a supermarket car park by a young couple reversing out of a parking space.
They want to pay for the damage instead of going through insurance as they are in their 20s and insurance is very expensive as it is.
They were decent people and having been there herself when she was younger, wife has agreed for them to go outside insurance.
To this end, I have looked at the damage and the wing is badly dented and a scratch on the door so the side will have to be sprayed.
We are looking for a decent used wing as I hate cheap pattern parts and new OEM are way overpriced.
Does anyone know anywhere that is breaking a 171 or has a wing for sale or knows of a decent pattern part wing?
Thanks in advance.

·
*Registered
2018 SLC43
195 Posts
Try 1st choice, they got me a new wing for my SLC
, weren’t cheap at £588.

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,572 Posts
And painting to rematch (as best as possible) will be pricey too if done correctly (entire door will need "blending") in addition to the fender, especially if that "scratch" actually broke the paint down to the primer (which it probably did).

·
* Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all.
I’m having the quotes starting to come in.
New wing from mercedes is £350 and labour and materials (blending in the door etc) it’s looking to be approx £1300.
My view is that they will either have to pay or go through insurance

·
* Registered
2008 SLK350
103 Posts
Had a similar price quote (by a UK MB paintshop) for replacing my LH (rusty) front wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts