Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally washed my only key today. I dried it out and replaced the batteries and it would turn the car on when it felt like it, not every time. So started to drive over to my dealer (about 3 miles away) to order a new key. The car did several weird things which made me turn around and go home. The air conditioner would not come on, windows would not respond, odometer, spedometer, gas gauge and remote control for my garage/gate all were unresponsive. Then hot hot air started coming out of the a/c vents. Without having any of the guagues available I got scared I might be overheating the car so quickly turned around and went home.

I didn't mention this to my dealer because they are crooks and will probably tell me I need a whole new car or something insane. So wanted to post here and see what you experts think is going on. Is this part of the antitheft thing or god forbid has that bad key ruined my computer system? I should have a new key Saturday...

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:Don't really know the answer. It seems the key should either work or not. I'd wait until I got the new key and then panic if it does the same thing.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah none of that is related to the key apart from maybe the intermittent start.

The good news is that a fault in the on-board computers can't be caused by the key so you haven't done more damage by using it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.