Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is just about five foot and has to sit on a cushion in the car even with the driver's seat fully up.
Any ideas on gaining an inch or an inch and a half on the driver's seat height?
Cheers!
Rich:confused:

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
New wife? :)

Out of curiosity, is this the manual seat or electric seat?

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
question:
"Any ideas on gaining an inch or an inch and a half on the driver's seat height?"

answer:
get a new wife<g>

Unfortunately, I think the manual seats are less adjustable than the electric ones.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never looked that closely at the seats in the SLK, but sometimes you can add a "spacer" between the frame rail for the bottom of the seat, and the seat itself (basically just below the slider). It "might" be possible for the SLK, though can't say I've seen them for sale.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds a good idea to fit small spacers under the rear seat rail holding bolts. I have taken one of the bolts out but can't seem to get the type and size of thread matched.
Anybody know what thread it is please?
many thanks
Rich

·
Registered
605 Posts
My wife is 4'9 and with the electric seats in the SLK55 she can adjust it to suit and feels very comfortable in "her" car.

Don't forget to fiddle with the steering wheel to compensate for the pedal spacing, etc.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My wife is 4'9 and with the electric seats in the SLK55 she can adjust it to suit and feels very comfortable in "her" car.

Don't forget to fiddle with the steering wheel to compensate for the pedal spacing, etc.

My wife is 4'11 and can drive mine OK as well, enough room behind the seat for a passenger !

·
Registered
676 Posts
...just for the record, we did NOT take the lumbar support as an option on our '08 facelift sport pack 18'' rimmed car, and after 5,5k km on greek-italian-french-swiss & german roads during our recent 3-week trip to europe in september, my wife & i found the seats to be very very comfortable, and did not regret at all for not having opted for this extra.

we have no problems with our backs anyway; that might make some difference i guess...

best

ir-ops

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
So on mine, I've resorted to a small pillow for long trips - I can play with the seat to get to an "almost" comfortable position, but I'm much better off with something behind my back.. Maybe an age think - I'm starting to feel like I'm in the SL demographic more than the SLK :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it's the way the seats are made. I've played with it enough to semi get a comfortable position. I've been in numerious "sport seats" and almost all of them have decent lumbar support or position to make it comfortable.

It doesn't help the controls are counter intuitive when you want to do something.

D

·
0 Posts
They are kinda lacking if your hollow backed but i can't say they give me or my mrs any drama's.

By far the best sport seats i've used where in the old M3 and the worst in the new M6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all,
I decided to machine one inch aluminium spacers (couldn't get hold of titanium in time!) and slot them under the back seat rail mountings and fix with longer bolts - now the wife is happy! and I can just get on with driving this stunning car.
Winter here now in England but with heated sears and air scarf we laugh at the weather.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Unfortunately Rafarmer hasn't been active on the forum for some time (2009), so unlikely to respond I guess.

If you're adding a 1" spacer, then I would recommend finding 1" longer bolts so that the threads are fully engaged.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.