Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to the collective wisdom of the forum... just bought a 2005 SLK350. The wheels have serious curb rash... really lets the car down. Wondering if I should repair (quoted $150 per wheel) or replace them.

If replace, any suggestions? I am in the sf bay area.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
HI Gerrywalshe

Repairs are very good these days , I have just had all four repaired , But one thing to do first have them checked to see how round the rims are & find out if there are any flat spots on the rims etc & if so have them sortted at the same time , I had two rims with flat spots got them sortted & now the ride is so smoother .

Cheers

Andy

·
Banned for no reason !!!
305 Posts
I have done the odd one on the car without removing the wheel. But its not so easy
Well i would definately take them off the car , couldnt be doing with all the bending down on the floor and then spraying near the bodywork ,i also want the inside of the rims done as well and can give the brake calipers a clean up .

And the nuts want doing and new centres to go in so , off the vehicle maybe 1 at a time ,at my own pace so to speak ..

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
If your doing a full refurb then wheels off the car and tyres off the rims. The ones in my thread were refurbed totally, including the part you cant normally see. However for a minor scuff its easy to do on the car and as regards spraying you just mask the area

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts