Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm trying to improve the look of my 280 "cockpit" . It isn't too bad but there are a couple of areas that could be better. These are all the same material which is a soft plastic leather look black material that covers the arm rest, transmission tunnel console, dashboard and parcel shelf. It looks grubby like it has dirt ingrained in it. Dash Flash has worked fine on hard black plastic parts like the sill trims and the trim immediately behind the headrests. (I should post some photos shouldn't I?) but it won't improve this softer material. Has anyone got a favourite product for this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use aerospace 303 and find it is the absolute best for the pebble grain Matt black dash. Popular use on boats due to the high uv protectors (a must for convertibles) DO NOT spray it directly onto dash, spray on clean microfiber and wipe in. I use it on entire dash, seats and rear roof shelf. Works great

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Hi I'm trying to improve the look of my 280 "cockpit" . It isn't too bad but there are a couple of areas that could be better. These are all the same material which is a soft plastic leather look black material that covers the arm rest, transmission tunnel console, dashboard and parcel shelf. It looks grubby like it has dirt ingrained in it. Dash Flash has worked fine on hard black plastic parts like the sill trims and the trim immediately behind the headrests. (I should post some photos shouldn't I?) but it won't improve this softer material. Has anyone got a favourite product for this?
IIRC, the dash and other areas you mentioned in early R171 (2006 to early 2007 North American models) had a tendency to be "powdery" even when rubbed with minor force. This was changed by MB in late 2007 and onwards. (Do a search on some of Woolly's post)

MB even issued microfiber cloth for use in cleaning them. Most recommend to use a damp microfiber cloth for daily cleaning and intermittent treatment with AeroSpace 303 as mentioned in above post. I personally also use The AeroSpace 303 using the spray-on-(microfiber)cloth-then-wipe technique, although the dash material on my model year is different from what you described.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts
Meguiars gold leather and conditioner on everything whether leather or not
dash, central storage covers, you name it

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Ok Jeff, I will use your knowledge and experience.
I had the Wipes but there is only one left so I will not purchase any more.
I have always used the spray on my motorbikes.
after using some of the meguires products I do like them. Quick Wax especially.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts