Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey team i am looking for A17181014179051 as my mirror has some weird bubbles blisters in it..
I initially have thought i had not cleaned the mirror but it appears to be in the glass so i think just replacing the mirror will do.
UNLESS some one has a suggestion on ow to repair this

i rang my local dealership and for a lovely 'trade price' of $1230 AUD i was umm i think i can put up with my mirror..

i did an eBay search and nothing, a google search did the same unless i want to send my credit card details to a Russian parts supplier with a 40 day delivery time

i hope you guys can help
many thanks in advance
happy 2020
Perry

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,936 Posts
hey team i am looking for A17181014179051 as my mirror has some weird bubbles blisters in it..
I initially have thought i had not cleaned the mirror but it appears to be in the glass so i think just replacing the mirror will do.
UNLESS some one has a suggestion on ow to repair this

i rang my local dealership and for a lovely 'trade price' of $1230 AUD i was umm i think i can put up with my mirror..

i did an eBay search and nothing, a google search did the same unless i want to send my credit card details to a Russian parts supplier with a 40 day delivery time

i hope you guys can help
many thanks in advance
happy 2020
Perry
sounds like the Lcd mirror glass is breaking down ....
you may be able to find just the glass itself or replace with a second hand unit much cheaper option ebay is your best bet .

or last resort replace with a mercedes basic mirror unit .

i replaced mine with Auto dimming but kept my old basic mirror unit just incase as i knew they are expensive .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the Lcd mirror glass is breaking down ....
you may be able to find just the glass itself or replace with a second hand unit much cheaper option ebay is your best bet .

or last resort replace with a mercedes basic mirror unit .

i replaced mine with Auto dimming but kept my old basic mirror unit just in case as i knew they are expensive .
thank you for your reply .. there appears to be a little sensor hole on the top right of the mirror. is this still there on the basic mirror glass ?

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
459 Posts
Do not know about MB but on other makes the sensor hole in not there on non dimming mirrors as it would serve no purpose and just increase cost of production.

Always amaes me how these companies come up with the cost of some parts and here is an example.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,936 Posts
thank you for your reply .. there appears to be a little sensor hole on the top right of the mirror. is this still there on the basic mirror glass ?
Hi that is the Auto Dimming sensor it is not there on a basic mirror unit

A basic mirror unit will just be a mirror with of course maunaul flip toggle under unit you may get one with under lights on unit .

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,411 Posts
Just a note or two on auto dimming mirrors.

The fluid inside is corrosive (Alkaline I believe).
They can be restored (at least I have seen such in USA, as for NZ, UK I can't be sure).

If memory serves, you send them your unit and they send you a repaired unit in return.

Not going to have many SLKs in breakers yards there, but worth a search.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found a mirror in the USA ,, second hand and in excellent condition according to the sales guy (lol) . on its way .. will let you know when it arrives

thank you to those that responded

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,936 Posts
i found a mirror in the USA ,, second hand and in excellent condition according to the sales guy (lol) . on its way .. will let you know when it arrives

thank you to those that responded
be careful theres two diff types one with two connectors and one with just one from memory if connecting the whole unit to SLK .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts