Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
P20CC-008 Rough road detection signal (by comparing wheel speeds) :Speed signal from control module ESP implausible. Commuication error / read error memory from module ESP (P1999).

P2036-004 No or incorrect CAN message from control unit N47-5 (ESP control unit) communication fault/ see also CAN status in freeze frame data (P0600)

9203 Control unit ASSYST is not receiving any messages from the interior CAN bus

9204 Control unit ASSYST is not receiving any messages from the engine compartment CAN bus

9066 Implausible CAN-message from control unit instrument cluster

9068 Implausilble CAN-message from control unit Central gateway

ME 2.8 with P20CC-008 pic 1 no further details in DAS
P2036-004 cant find this fault in das
ASSYST with 9203 and 9204

PTS with 9066 and 9068 cant find any in das

i will start by checking the can connectors.

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Did a bad bad thing:

Anyway, I did order the Indy to do the right thing? A new N47-5 ESP module... Hope it works out..

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I did a battery reset (yes Jeff, I synced the windows;-) and took it for a spin. So far the faults always came back after just a few miles. Now, for some reason, I could drive an hour and still no errors. I guess/hope that the fault is intermittent and will eventually return.

But it was a nice drive with blue sky and 15 deg C. :cool:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,507 Posts
so faults need about 5 miles
stuff like esp/abs etc

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
BTW, did a check on the parasitic drain on the fuses in cabin and front SAM. Nothing seen. Remains the rear SAM. Hmmmm.....

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I did a battery reset on the car this weekend and all the errors went away. Used the car for way over 200 km and still no errors. On top of that - the parasitic drain want away (100% to 97% in 24 hours). This leads me to belive I have an ESP-module with an intermittent fault that will eventually come back. It's too much of coincidence to me that the ESP-module starts working and the drain goes away at the same time. It it now is the ESP-module...:rolleyes:

I will problably now more later in the week after the indy changed the module.💰:eek:

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
ESP-module is now changed and the car is free of all error codes (according to the indy - with DAS). So, the problem is most likely solved.

Any Moderator - feel free to mark this thread as "Resolved".

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Well, it's not resolved. The issue came back today after 700 miles with exactly the same issues as in post #1:poop: I also noticed that the roof could not be closed with the car in idle and the gear shift in park. I had to close the roof with the fob from outside. The car is apparently not knowing if it's in a standstill or moving.

The indy checked the codes and they are the same. He can't access the ESP-modlue (DAS shows an "exclamation" on the module).

Did a battery reset and disconected the connector to the ESP-module. Sprayed some 5-56 on the connector. Started fine, but half a mile later - same issue.

Battery reset and started i Dyno mode (no ASP, BAS or ESP) - worked fine. Restarted the car i normal mode with ESP switched off - worked fine. Restarted the car in normal mode with ESP active - worked fine. But I only did a few miles in each mode.

I am lost, so is the indy. Yes, I did post the error codes. Yes, I have Googled.

Next I will check again if the bottom power connectors on the cable to the ESP-module is really fine. I could see some corrosion on them when I did the 5-56 spray.

ANY input that helps me here would be very much appreciated.

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Drow the car today with different setups. Did a battery reset before. With car in normal mode, it came back after just less than a mile. Same with ESP switched off or with the car in dyno mode. Checked the connector again and it looks fine. I was expecting that there would be 12 volts on some of the main connectors (at least I thought that they where main connectors). In pic they are red (hot?) and marked N47-1 and N47-32. But I never saw any volts there at all. Ignition was in number 2 (all lights on dash alive). Checked before and after battery reset. I am lost.

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When I check the DAS printout, there is nothing to be seen on the ESP. No MB-number, no HW-version, no SW-version and no Diagnose version. Is there power missing to the module?

Any help - you know what I mean.... 😢

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
122 Posts
Is there any way you can read the battery voltage under load? Get a friend to place a meter over the battery terminals as you crank the engine. There could be a massive volt drop that would definitely indicate a dodgy battery. Too many things going wrong that point towards the battery.

·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I had a one year old battery in the car when the problem started. I changed the battery to a brand new one - that didn't do the trick. I did run the car for 700 miles (after the ESP-module change) without any problems. Thank you for the input, but as I understand it, the problem lies deeper than that.

If you can't access/read the ESP-module with DAS, then the problem lies elsewhere.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts