Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

M.Benz diagnostic computer detected oil leak originating at the magnetic/solenoid camshaft adjuster on my R170/2002 engine.
Solenoid they replaced with acompanied special o-ring and an oil trap instaled.
But they keep saying to me to go for a complete wire harness replacement/the one that ends up at the vehicle's CPU(computer) otherwise, the oil is about to reach the controler box one day and ruin the electronics there.

Personaly i did not believe them. These guys always try to blackmail us anyway.
But for just in case this isnt right does anyone have a clue?

Thanx ... CNC44

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hello everyone !

M.Benz diagnostic computer detected oil leak originating at the magnetic/solenoid camshaft adjuster on my R170/2002 engine.
Solenoid they replaced with acompanied special o-ring and an oil trap instaled.
But they keep saying to me to go for a complete wire harness replacement/the one that ends up at the vehicle's CPU(computer) otherwise, the oil is about to reach the controler box one day and ruin the electronics there.

Personaly i did not believe them. These guys always try to blackmail us anyway.
But for just in case this isnt right does anyone have a clue?

Thanx ... CNC44
Which engine do you have CNC44? There's a TSB on this for the M271's and M111's. Take a look at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1347470-m271-oil-connectors.html for details.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Thanx for the immediate responce UK-C200 !
I am searching the link you passed to me...Looks i am in trouble cause, I replaced the magnetic cam regulator last year and this problem is back here again.

regards !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.