Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Since my original seats on my r170 was damaged (torn leather) by the previous owner, I got new ones. I found seats from a SLK 200 '09 (mine is '03) pretty cheap. They are manually positioned (not electric).

I am happy just with the look of them, but since i dont want the SRS light on & would like the airscarf to function, I figured I'd see if anyone has done the wiring here like I'm about to? Would be thankful for any help I can get 0:)
I posted a picture of the cable connecting to my previous seats & the backside of the new seats.

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,040 Posts
Well good luck on that one !

You got to be careful wiring that one up
And it needs to comunicate with ecu etc

And then you got airscarf which has hot n cold settings have you the switches to ?

Again a challenge .

Good luck though . :nerd:

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,023 Posts
You're going to need the wiring diagrams for the R170 and the 171

I'm not familiar with the 170 so can't comment on the airbag technology, but given the age, you may have problems - the 171 to 172 stuff was fairly straight forward to work out as the technology is pretty much the same ...

Does the 170 have seat belt tensioners and / or side bags in the seats .? Dual or single stage squibs ..?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do have seat bealt tensioners. The drivers seat didn't have any cable connected whatsoever :S Now that i've only bolted the two (r171) chairs on to the car, (looks & feels a hundred times better), my ESP light is on thanks to the right chairs cable (first picture) not being connected. Any ideas on how to wire this one up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.