Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching on where folks are putting their gps and bumped into the thread where is was added in the cup holder. Where is everyone else putting theirs? On my mazda i used the vent clip but te r170 vent is too small. Just looking for ideas. Thx:tu:

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,441 Posts
I got a 2 inch PVC pipe cap and the suction cup will stick to the end of the cap and then the cap will fit in the cup hold where a cup fits.

On the 170 have seen a person cut a block of wood the would fit in the card hold in the center of the cup hold and then glued a pice of smooth plastic to the wood and the suction cup will stick to that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a RAM mount and I'm planning on using self taping screws to permanently mount it (on the passenger side, into the carpeted area). I'm tired of having it fall off the windshield; plus the slk windshield seems too small to put a gps up there. The mount should arrive wednesday so I will post some pics if it works out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put mine in front of the shift lever, covering that hole where you would otherwise stuff various objects. I attached it with velcro. As long as it's there, you can't see the velcro. Works gut.

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
I am using one of those smartphone GPS programs as a Navigational System as I don't have a MB stock one. And I bought a sticky car pad. Here is a link, mine is better but just to emphasize on the idea:

Handstands Sticky Pad Full Series Review

I have been using it for a month and it seems Ok for now. But I am really not sure how long it is going to last in the summer heat. I think I am going to constantly mount and dismount it - not because I care for the pad but because I don't want to injure the car's interior. I think that the sticky bottom side of the pad will be damaged by this constant removal, but whatever... it costs only 15 euros. They are sold at each car wash and gas station.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Mine is mounted in the lower left side of the windshield.

Personally, I don't like taking my eyes off the road to look down at the Garmin.

YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.