Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I parked my car to do some shopping when I returned to my car I heard the alarm beeping and saw the lights flashing, what the f**k?
turns out some truckdriver couldn't make the turn to the right and ran in to my car with his metal bar at the back of his truck.

:-( why is this happening to me? always careful where to park my car especially never next to a car etc. etc. and now this..

I am very sad and hoping that they can fix this damage properly (new rear sidescreen and maybe a new door? I don't know I'll have to wait and see..

Benz

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
I recently had 2 smacks like that in my Toyota Sienna. One I did. I was backing out of the garage and being very careful to try to avoid hitting the benz on my right side that was already backed out. Didn't know I could cut the van so sharply, but as I was watching the right hand side view mirror, the left side was heading toward the garage door opening. Then the crunch.

We got it fixed at the shop and you can't even tell it happened!

Then my wife went to another person's house and pulled into the left side of there driveway. Just as she took the key out of the ignition, the SUV in the driveway on the right started backing out and didn't know she pulled in so he steered to the center of the driveway. Made ding that took off the door handle and dinged into the sliding door.

Once again the body shop made it so you can't tell it has been fixed. Did a nice job of matching the metallic paint too.

So I suspect they will be able to fix it up nearly as good as new.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear of it. You do your best to use common sense to give others room and this occasionally happens. Sometimes I think nice cars are "idiot magnets", it sure attracts enough of them.:( Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Ouch! That sucks benz. I hate seeing the pics, I can imagine you hate seeing it in person.

Hopefully you get the same type of folks to work on yours as mtiede.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just got a small ding out of my door, and the paint touch up is still an issue (since it was very, very small ding). That big of a ding, the body shop can fix. I hate the fact that I also park away from everyone, walk the extra distance, and some truck/suv insists on parking as close to me as possible. I think they are jealous!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Recently I was pulling into my local grocery store when a ford expedition suv cut in front of me. I began following it and then realized that theres no point in confronting the careless driver so I just waited behind him until he parked so I can park my car. Next thing I know he puts his car in reverse and gives it a generous amount of throttle. He ends up driving on top of my hod tearing part of the front bumper and denting the hood and completely destroying my left headlight. I got it fixed and my car is looking good. Driver said he was extremely sick and couldnt see that I was behind him. He was extremely sorry for hitting me and was trying to explain to me that my car suffered minimal damage and that I don't have to fix it. I guess he thought I was stupid. So, I told the insurance company to repair all they could, and that price doesnt matter so I got a new hood, a new front bumper, new headlights basically a new front end. The bill was around 4500K when I could have fixed it for around 2300$.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Come now, ya'll banged me for my period being left out. $4500k, when he meant $4500.00. Give him the same ration you gave me guys.... Heeee Heeeee Sorry Mcfaisal, aint makin fun...Some of these folks are purfektionists and won't cut us no slack...:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Yea, they know who they are, DAN.....:hail: :hail: :hail: .
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
awwww that sucks.
crap one!!
bet you just wanted to beat seven bells of crap outta him

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
benz, MAJOR OUCH!! I feel for you man. It can be fixed, I hope the truck owner had the courtesy to leave info for you.

D

·
0 Posts
Ouch!

Sorry to see that buddy.

Its repairable just make sure it gets done by a reputable shop and you will never know it was there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That hurts looking at the pictures. I have to see mine in the garage everyday as I wait for parts to repair the damage from a suicidal Bundes Bunny almost a month ago. 4,000 euros damage from that early morning incident.:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
so sad~~ that's hurt!! My 280 got hit at the back 2 months ago by a goddamn Ford F150 Cargo Van, and i still can't pick up my car from the body shop. it's seems take forever to get it fix!! :( wat they told me that hit effected the hardtop movement. After 1 1/2 months, they finally took it back to MB dealer.. sigh~~ they ask me to pick up my car last week, but the trunk never been fixed!!!!!! So i have to wait another 1 week (maybe 2weeks). Wish me luck, u guys~ i missed my car sooooo much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.