Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had an issue with a blowing fuse (#7) when operating the vario roof, anyway that problem seems to have disappeared now the fuse does not blow. Why I have no idea. The roof operating switch would always just flash if you tried to open the roof, nothing more. So I manually unlocked the front of the roof and manually opened it a few inches. I tried the switch and the roof worked, the rear windows went down and the boot lifted and it folded in the boot and the lid closed.
When I try and close it, the boot lid opens and roof goes to the closed position and it goes against the windscreen nicely an that is all...the boot lid does not close as if its waiting for the roof limit to give the "I am closed" signal. So I can only assume its the roof mounted limits and or locking cylinder. How and where can I find these elusive gizmos? Should I open the roof partially and remove the lining or someone have an idea? Is there anything in the windscreen part other than the guides, like limits and or locking Cylinder?:confused:
Thanks
Roy

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for those links. I removed the roof lining to check the closing operation. The weird thing is when I push the button and the roof closes against the windscreen, the pump appears to be trying to open the roof locking cylinder by extending it out. (With the roof against the windscreen and ignition off, I tried with the 6mm allen and and the latches lock when the cylinder is fully retracted) . So my thinking is could some turkey may have swapped the pipes on the pump? Or am I wrong in my way of thinking?

Attachments

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,774 Posts
So my thinking is could some turkey may have swapped the pipes on the pump? Or am I wrong in my way of thinking?
Wouldn't be a surprise.

My R170 came with the heater wires on the wrong way around.
It would suck, but not blow.

Shame no one has been online from NZ that you could chat to. There are a couple in Wellington.

Try a PM

Tools>Quick Links>Members List
Advanced search
Home Country
will list them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone have an idea of the correct placement of pipes on the pump from the 2 that feed the roof locking cylinder. The pipe numbers at the roof cylinder are 31 and 33. Secondly according to the drawings there are 2 limit switches that determine the position of where the folding flaps are. Could someone please explain to me their exact position, I may be blind, but for the life of me I cannot see them. tks

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
does anyone have an idea of the correct placement of pipes on the pump from the 2 that feed the roof locking cylinder. The pipe numbers at the roof cylinder are 31 and 33. Secondly according to the drawings there are 2 limit switches that determine the position of where the folding flaps are. Could someone please explain to me their exact position, I may be blind, but for the life of me I cannot see them. tks
The lines (pipes?) are numbered. The top of the pump is also numbered. Make sure they all match. Good luck.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good News problem solved. Thanks for all the input. I found the limit switch in the windscreen was not making contact due, a piece of the limit switch pin on the roof section (as per drawing) had broken off and was jammed in there. I by-passed the limit with a bridge piece when the roof closed and everything worked, the boot closed and quarter windows closed.. can anyone please tell me where I can get that part from, unfortunately I do not have access to a lathe to make one up. thanks

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
At hockey game at the moment
Post your vin n we can get you the part number probably n you can go to mb parts or online oem part sites
Plus get your datacard if you haven't yeti

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
post your vin as above and exactly what part are you looking for? limit switch pin?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
see the part you want?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, thanks for the info..I have attached a drawing you sent Jbanks15 and put arrows pointing to the parts I want. They are pins that located at the top of the Windscreen and activate a limit (one side) giving a signal for the roof locks to activate

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
see the attached pdf in my post above. they look like they belong to part 65 so probably not sold separately. so go to the pdf attached, get the part number, then google oem mercedes parts uk or go to the mb parts place at your dealer

65** A 170 790 00 71** . FASTENER FASTENER FASTENER
. ON VARIO ROOF,FRONT**
001*

post your vin to ensure the part number is the same, probably is and get your free datacard

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Good News problem solved. Thanks for all the input. I found the limit switch in the windscreen was not making contact due, a piece of the limit switch pin on the roof section (as per drawing) had broken off and was jammed in there. I by-passed the limit with a bridge piece when the roof closed and everything worked, the boot closed and quarter windows closed.. can anyone please tell me where I can get that part from, unfortunately I do not have access to a lathe to make one up. thanks

If you get stuck and can't find a good cheap secondhand part and MB want the earth for a new one I can make it up for you on my lathe as long as you send / post a decent drawing and accurate measurements.

Regards Stuart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.