Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, my name is Daniel. I just bought my first ever SLK320. I was looking for a manual Mercedes and a pretty sweet deal came up on this beautiful SLK320 6 SPEED SPORT PACKAGE. It has about 53k miles and is in sweet condition. Because of the previous owner, the engine was seized due to no oil change (jerk). Well, she has found a home where she will be really loved and cared for.... i haven't even drove the car and already ordered about $800 in upgrades >:D. I also posted a question regarding the engine swap. maybe someone with a bit more knowledge about these cars can point me in the right direction..?
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/186330-engine-replacement-320-6speed-help.html
thanks
Dan

ps. here is her first photo of many many more to come as the upgrades come. i will start a new thread for hes as the upgrades come. see you all soon :smile:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,468 Posts
Joisey!!! What exit?

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Welcome from Hillsboro, Oregon, and another owner whose car is equipped with the One True Transmission, a 6-speed manual.

Don't know if it's still offered, but at one time Renntech in Florida offered a 4.0-liter stroker motor based on the 3.2-liter block. One of Hartmut Feyhl's engines in front of you manual tranny would be a prodigious beast indeed!

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
Hi Daniel, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Congratulations on your beautiful new ride. Sounds like it will be a labor of love and we look forward to seeing the progress as you bring this beauty back to life. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope you get the engine swap sorted out, too bad I cannot give any advice on that one, but there are plenty of knowledgeable members here who might point you in the right direction :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. i can already tell the community here is alright! still waiting on some replies about my engine swap. maybe someone can at least point me in the direction of someone who will know more about this? other than that, ive spent the last few days spending loads of money on upgrades for the car. are any of you extremely happy with some of your upgrades? if so what are they? give me some pointers :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,468 Posts
Hi Daniel, our forum is worldwide so Europe was sleeping when you posted your question so hopefully when they wake up, someone can offer some advice.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

- Dave

·
Professional Troublemaker
257 Posts
Welcome from Belgium. Good luck, I personally would not have dropped a ton of money on upgrades until the car was actually running, but that is just me :)

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,527 Posts
Welcome from sunny Columbus, Ohio! Engine swap, that's a big bite right off the bat to swallow, good luck with doing that. That's something you don't hear much about here. Hope you find your engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts