Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i want to delete the resonator, and the two middle cats, but since the car had done 160k, i think the primary cats are a mess two, the ones prior the oxygen sensors, how can i delete those as well without having check engine errors and secondary air pump errors, this might sound weird, but can i disable the air pump completely and the oxygen sensors, since it's not performance related and wouldn't affect the health of the car?

Regards,

Tony.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello,

i want to delete the resonator, and the two middle cats, but since the car had done 160k, i think the primary cats are a mess two, the ones prior the oxygen sensors, how can i delete those as well without having check engine errors and secondary air pump errors, this might sound weird, but can i disable the air pump completely and the oxygen sensors, since it's not performance related and wouldn't affect the health of the car?

Regards,

Tony.
This is just a guess, but I think if you remove all the cats, you can have your muffler shop weld a bung on each pipe just after the down pipes. Then install the O2 sensor into each bung. I seem to remember an owner/forum member doing this. A decent shop should know how to do this.

I'm interested because I've been thinking about doing the same. I would like just a little more noise from the rear. (insert joke here)

Personally, I'm leery of disabling the secondary air injection and O2's as that might require an entirely new algorithm for the ECU. I've found that my car has a very fine line between running great and puking an dying. The acceptable variance of any parameter seems to be pretty narrow. I try to remember that my car was designed by Germans. Everything is there for a reason (albeit THEIR reason). Think Jenga....;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just a guess, but I think if you remove all the cats, you can have your muffler shop weld a bung on each pipe just after the down pipes. Then install the O2 sensor into each bung. I seem to remember an owner/forum member doing this. A decent shop should know how to do this.
i lifted the car and had a look at the whole thing, the primary cats can be removed and a used spare custom pipe can be welded in place without affecting the the O2 sensors

I'm interested because I've been thinking about doing the same. I would like just a little more noise from the rear. (insert joke here)
:fart: hahaha

Personally, I'm leery of disabling the secondary air injection and O2's as that might require an entirely new algorithm for the ECU. I've found that my car has a very fine line between running great and puking an dying. The acceptable variance of any parameter seems to be pretty narrow. I try to remember that my car was designed by Germans. Everything is there for a reason (albeit THEIR reason). Think Jenga....;)
you're right, i guess... now i'm in stuck in the dilemma; custom cutting and welding, or changing the whole thing and adding headers :/

more advice needed from the experts here, what's a good setup that would include headers and cats removal with an OK price..
or has anyone tried removing the resonator and the 4 cats while keeping the oxygen sensors ..

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you haven't already, you might want to join the Crossfire forum and post your question there. The forum for the SRT6 crowd is quite active.

I think you'll find there are a lot more DIY'ers there who are in to the kind of mod's you're talking about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xfires forum is gr8 yes, but i thought this forum was named slkworld for a reason.. and that this is where i should seek answers..

Wud really appreciate feedback from someone who already had mods on their car, custom/full exhaust/headers..

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
If 320 dreamer is still around I am sure he would have the answers for all of your questions. I think he sold his SLK32 AMG. But he was big into his car I think he was racing it at one time. Just not sure if he is still on the board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.