Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK230
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Firstly let me apologise if this has previously been covered but having trawled the threads I couldn’t find an answer. I have a year 2000, 230SLK (UK Spec) and having been trouble free for years it looks like it’s saving up all it’s problems for now.
Having previously glued the stopped back on the window my passenger window decided to jam again. I removed the door card expecting to find the stopper jammed in the door however much to my surprise I found it still attached, instead I found several unknown parts in the bottom of the door (please see photo’s).
Having removed the loose parts my window now goes past the top stopper so it’s about an inch too high, and jams at the bottom as it’s going the wrong side of the tracks. When I run my hand along the front track (nearest the hinges), it doesn’t feel like my windows even in there and the track feels like it’s squashed about level with the door hinge. Could anyone help identify the parts I’ve found, let me know where they go and help get my window to go to the bottom and stop at the top again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,787 Posts
Hi and Welcome

The Boss will be along in a bit to tell you to make an introductory post, claim you free data card etc. :whistle:

In the meantime, with that being MY (model year) 2000 can you clarify if it's a Pre-FaceLift or a Post-FaceLift? I believe the doors and their internals have some major differences between the two ..

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
275 Posts
First part I don't recognise. 2nd is one of the clips that should be bonded to the door card. It should be reasonably easy to identify. The last one is one of the infamous window stops. There are two which sandwich the window. One is probably still attached?

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,206 Posts
Please make an introduction post.

Read this thread:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Second: Post an introduction. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'.
Wondering what to say?
Look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts