Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rear speakers

thanks for the replies it seems like a lot of work to fit them. i will have to rethink what iam going to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rear speakers

only had car 2 weeks the wife will kill me if i start ripping it apart. i think i will wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does any one know what size speakers will fit in the hole ?
Im guessing, that bose put a non standard size in, but if i adapt it i can fit 6.5" ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The holes were designed for rear facing speakers ,you need to adapt the mounting area as in the link I previously posted to fit standard speakers .
6.5" speakers will fit
Below is a picture of a factory rear speaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have CDT speakers in my car....they make 6.5" shallow mount speakers....BEST SPEAKERS I HAVE EVER OWNED.. alot of competition guys use this. I used 6.5" subwoofer/woofer in rear...and 6.5" Mid/HIGH in the front..and then used Clarion tweets (I like clarion tweeters) in the front doors... I Then tied it all together with a punch Amp...

Rear speakers are ran at 2 ohms @ 180 watts per channel
front speakers are ran at 4 0hms but ran parralel with tweets so probably dropped ohms to 3... so would roughly put 140 per channel (at that ohm)... so when buying speakers pay attention to your ohms

Then everything is ran thru High def pioneer radio, with flash drive.

sounds much better then stock... make sure you also use your crossovers...the amp will have a High / low crossover for your fronts and rears (lows cross for rear, high cross for front)... then since your tweets are tied into your fronts, use another crossover in your parrallel run AFTER your front speakers going to your tweets to run them at a higher frequency....

hope this helped some.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll bump this. I'm thinking about doing this. But it looks like A LOT of work!

There's not that much work man. I put subs in mine and it was simple!
Are you sure it was simple? Do i really need to do all the things on the guide that was posted?
And is it possible to fit 10" subwoofers in the holes? With some modification? Regards Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
10 inch subs in back of 2002 SLK?

Is there a easy to do this. I'm willing to cut into metal. Is there room - depth wise? Do you access it from trunk?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,063 Posts
easystbob,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same,image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free. http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
I'll bump this. I'm thinking about doing this. But it looks like A LOT of work!

Are you sure it was simple? Do i really need to do all the things on the guide that was posted?
And is it possible to fit 10" subwoofers in the holes? With some modification? Regards Tim
Is there a easy to do this. I'm willing to cut into metal. Is there room - depth wise? Do you access it from trunk?
Geez, ou guys are looking for something easy and then you want to put in 10" woofers and cut out sheet metal. As soon as you get away from stock, it's going to get incredibly difficult to get it right. I have the stock speakers in my car and they are balanced and sound great, even with the top down and the volume up.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a Jensen 7 inch pop up screen head unit and a Jensen 65 watt amp (in the trunk) in my 01 SLK320. I also installed rear speakers in the provided mounts. Had to "adjust" the speaker mounting screw holes but that's it. I'm changing them now though cause I want woofer, subwoofer only. I did manage to blow the fronts...whoops! Bose speakers didn't handle it.

Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.