Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 which has no rear anti swaybar. The 01- up models do. I can get the bar, but I believe that there were additional mounts to the body which my car does not currently have. Could anyone take a couple pictures to show me the mount and where it's located, also a pic. of the endlink showing it's fastening point.
I will fabricate the mounting points myself and mig weld them in place.

THankyou
Lowflyingbird

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since it has been over a year and a half with no response, I will bump this thread.

I too would like VERY much to see pictures of the rear sway bar and end brackets on a rear sway bar equipped R170. I have not taken delivery of my car yet, but according to what I've read the '99 models have no rear bar. Any help you could offer in the way of pictures, dimensions or experiencing adding one will be GREATLY appreciated.

My car has the AMG package, but from what I read, that only means some cosmetic changes and a different wheel/tire package.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Doc

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Well, I crawled up under the wife's car (2002 SLK32 AMG) and shot several pix. I'll post them tomorrow after looking at them blown up for detail. BUT, it appears short of putting it up on a rack, I won't be of much help.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Doc,

Shoot me your email to auctions AT wallew DOT org and I'll send them to you in two or three bunches after I shrink them down in overall size - generally at 1MB per pix - still viewable, but easily emailed.

jim

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Having said that, out of the multiple pix I took, ONLY TWO appear to have the rear anti sway bar in them...

anti sway bar rear 1.jpg here is the best of the two pix with the bar going across the car

anti sway bar rear 2.jpg upper left of this one appears to have the sway bar

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks very much for going to all that trouble wallew! The sway bar is basically mounted above the rear suspension assembly, so it will be very difficult to get pictures. I apologize for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Maybe the time will come when I can return the favor in some way.

Doc

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Doc,

ONE of these days soon, the wife will take it in for service and I'll have it up on a RACK and will take much better pix. Never hurts to know the overall condition of your vehicle. Or in this instance, my wife's vehicle.

jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.