Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there's any interest at all in one of these, but I've got one I'd like to get rid of. I can post pics if there's anyone interested at all but I rather doubt it.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Kenwood KDC-BT948HD, with Sirius and Bluetooth and iPod/iPhone support, if you have an iphone (which I don't, Android all the way) you can even stream Pandora on it. I'm quite happy with it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
shootis,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Working on getting some pics uploaded now, make me an offer you think is fair. Also you may want to go welcome some new members and get your post count up so you can see pics/attachments and send PMs. :)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay here are some pics. Not sure what you'll need in terms of wiring, I'm pretty sure there's some stuff back where the first aid kit normally would be that I can pull out and include when I do my tail light swap this weekend but I know the harness from the amp to the head unit was used in wiring my new radio.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
cmcclell,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
3 Posts
My radio died on my SLK320, so now I either get a replacement or something new. My local audio place sells the same Kenwood you bought, and it looks like a good product. They were telling me since the SLK is wired with fiber, they'll need to run new wires back to the pre-amp. Also, if the speakers are only 2 ohm, then they would need to put in a new amp.

What did you have done to install your Kenwood stereo? And do you know if the stock speakers are 2 or 4 ohm?

Also, just checking, do you still have the old stock stereo for sale?

Thanks, Chuck

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No clue on the 2/4 ohm question, or what they had to do to wire it, the dealership I bought the car from did the install for me for free (nice to have connections! :rb) As far as the old stereo goes, no I don't still have it, WaterBug bought it from me a month or so ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.