Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi after using a garage for about 20 years, due to security lighting issues I now just keep my 320 on the driveway under a Stormforce breathable cover to keep the UV and dirt off.... I just wondered if anyone had experience using these or other outdoor external covers? Kevin

·
Registered
559 Posts
The only problem with that is dirt can get under the cover due to wind etc and can abrade the paint. Also, you might have issues if it rains and then freezes, could cause the same issue.

·
Registered 2004 SLK230K
567 Posts
Car cover

I use a folding garage , had to cat proof it , but does not touch the car there is airflow to prevent damp aswell

Attachments

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
271 Posts
I have used a Stormforce cover on my 230 since I got it 4 years ago. I have suffered absolutely no noticeable deterioration of paintwork and it does a great job in keeping the car clean and protected. As it's breathable it doesn't stop the car getting wet in the rain but water isn't trapped and it dries out naturally very quickly. Key points for me are the car must be spotlessly clean before the cover goes on and I take it off very carefully. I always quickly brush off any dirt off the cover with a soft brush before I fold/roll it up and lift off the car so any remaining dust and dirt doesn't get transferred onto the soft interior layer.

The one issue I have observed is that the cover can freeze onto the car in cold weather and can't be removed without carefully thawing it out a hot air gun. Not normally an issue as I wouldn't take it out if the roads are likely to have been salted/gritted.

I really like the under car straps that keep it secure. To make fitting these easier I fixed a bull dog clip on a 6ft bamboo cane which I pass under to pull the strap across.

I'd definitely buy another when this one needs replacing (hopefully not for a year or two yet).

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.