Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

R170 Mirror Adjustment Switch Wiring.

991 views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveChurchill 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have a 1999 SLK 230K and I am replacing the mirror adjustment switch. The car is fitted with the switch for folding mirrors and I am replacing it with a standard switch. They have different connectors. The folding mirror switch has 9 pins whereas the standard switch has 8 pins. My guess is that the extra pin is for the folding function. Can anyone tell me if the wiring colour codes are the same for each switch? I.e. Pin 1 on one switch has the same colour wire as pin one on the other switch?

#5 ·
I haven't seen one for the Folding Mirrors it is a rare option, I would suggest looking at WIS / EPC Documents ;)

HTH ;)

Reactions: M4rCu5
#9 ·
Update: If the reason for swapping the original for a standard switch + a secondary switch for the powerfold is due to availability of an R170 PF Switch ..

IT IS the same switch that is found in the W140 S Class and there are loads of them kicking about on UK eBay, obviously I canna speak for the Philippines tho 🙃

p/n A 140 820 65 10
(click)
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic

Wiring Diagram attached..

Attachments

#13 ·
Pervect
Here you go. It's still available and really not expensive. Certainly no good reason to mess with the wiring. The sockets for the switches are totally different as I'm sure you appreciate.
A170 683 06 0
Here you go. It's still available and really not expensive. Certainly no good reason to mess with the wiring. The sockets for the switches are totally different as I'm sure you appreciate.
A170 683 06 08.
That's perfect. Thank you. Now I just ned to find one!

#12 ·
And while you are at it, maybe you need to solve the issue of removing the handbrake grip? The problem is largely due to the lump on the metal stem at the button end. It's the politest way I can put it. A couple of old feeler gauges along both sides will help getting it off. I then slit mine along the bottom so I can pop it off in a second if I wish. The alternative is to cut the thing off and buy a new one of course.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.