Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know the interchangeability between a slk230 and 320. Are caliper, rotors and other mechanical and electrical components interchangeable? Also what years are common? It looks like 1998 -2001 share more parts and the 2002 - 2004 share parts that are not shared with the earlier cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most all body parts are the same. On running gear you have a 4 cylinder engine vs a 6 cylinder engine. Brakes and wheels would depend on base or sport as there could be some differences. Preface lift 1998 to 2001 vs post facelift 2002 to 2004 as a few small changes like trunk lock location, outside mirrors, side lights on front fenders and a few other minor other items.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
The EPC will tell you what parts fit what models and would include more than just the SLK's.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
thanks, What is the EPC?
It's electronic parts catalog which lists all parts for your vehicle. It's free for US users. But yes, as slk320chick noticed you need Java 6 on your PC. Doesn't work with Java 7 =(

Many parts are interchangeable, however, it's always better to verify :rb

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I'm using Java 7 with no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EPC on line

I am trying to subscribe to the epc but no luck. I get the error below. I have emailed MB but nor reply yet any suggestions.

We are sorry, but your request could not be processed.

Should this message appear during the subscription process, please verify your address and credit card information again. The system will not accept a PO-Box as a billing address.

Please verify also that your browser meets the minimum system requirements. You can access this information under ABOUT SITE/TECH REQUIREMENTS from the top menu.

Should you still encounter any problems, please use the CONTACT US form under ABOUT SITE to transmit your question, and we will respond to you within two business days.

You can also contact the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) to receive assistance.

Parts Assistance Center,
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Also folks have had luck calling 1-800-FOR-MERC and getting enrolled.

·
Registered
268 Posts
One major difference I encountered when I tried to do a remap of the ecu was that the pre facelift models have a different ecu than the post facelift ones. I tried to do a remap using the old map of the pre facelift and it messed up my ecu. Because of that I didn't pursue the remap anymore. Also the bumpers for the post facelift 200k,230k are different from the 320,320amg. What you can also interchange is the steering wheel, the post facelift steering wheel is slimmer than the pre facelift models. One important change in the under chassis of the post facelift and pre facelift is that the post facelift has an added stabilizer bar. There are threads out there that shows pre facelift guys that installed the added stabilizer bar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.