Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just found out the reason why my car is not holding petrol. Apparently the fuel pipes need replacing.
Not sure if I’ll be able to get any replacements in the UK but have found a place that does stainless steel braided replacements £12.50 per meter.
Can anyone help me with the diameter of the pipes. Are they 5/16? I thought the return was a smaller pipe.
Alternatively does anyone know the cost of the OEM parts from Merc?
Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,360 Posts
I’ve just found out the reason why my car is not holding petrol. Apparently the fuel pipes need replacing.
Not sure if I’ll be able to get any replacements in the UK but have found a place that does stainless steel braided replacements £12.50 per meter.
Can anyone help me with the diameter of the pipes. Are they 5/16? I thought the return was a smaller pipe.
Alternatively does anyone know the cost of the OEM parts from Merc?
Any help appreciated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fuel lines do seem to be available from MB. If you provide you VIN I can confirm these part numbers are correct, but here is what I found without it.

Supply line 170 460 16 64 $46US Retail
Return Line 170 476 17 01 $30US Retail

The parts catalog does not state the pipe size. If no one can advise then you can pull off the rubber hose (simple hose clamp hold the rubber hose to the metal line) that is attached to each line back near the tank and measure the pipe size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW the entire 1998-2004 SLK Parts Catalog is online (2.25 MB .pdf) is the link allowed to be shared ? (Moderators must approve such).
How do I get a copy? Can you share it via PM please?

Otherwise Moderators, can you let me know how I can get a copy please?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, looks like mine last Spring.

I replaced about 3 ft, 5/16th of the high pressure line from the pump forward. Not too hard to do, but just a hard getting the section in and out to adjust the bends. Bent it by hand. Not perfect as the bends are more gentle than factory, but still well secured. I cut the pipe just above where the pipes climbs the vertical sheet metal section. If you unclamp part of the run along the bottom, you will create enough space to either saw or use a small pipe cutter (wheel). I sawed, repaired, ran, and then replaced the injectors, which I was planning to do anyway.

You could use high pressure flexible fuel line and make a set of larger clamps to replace to current ones, but I would worry about running flex pipe above the drive shaft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.