Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership sighted need for "front vacuum pump" replacement in service evaluation $550. Need instruction guidance for DIY replacement.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer breakdown of recommended repairs only stated Front Vacuum Pump" without reference to which system. Breaks are working fine. Windshield washer fluid system is failing, so maybe it is a reference to wiper fluid pump. I'm just trying to ID all vacuum pumps in the engine compartment.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm sure you payed the dealer for something or other. Make them tell you which pump needs to be replaced. Ask them for a part number. Why should they be able to hold information fir ransom? Who do they think they are, MERCEDES BENZ??

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,223 Posts
The dealer breakdown of recommended repairs only stated Front Vacuum Pump" without reference to which system. Breaks are working fine. Windshield washer fluid system is failing, so maybe it is a reference to wiper fluid pump. I'm just trying to ID all vacuum pumps in the engine compartment.
Be careful - if it's the washer system there will be two pumps if you have headlight washers. - make sure you ask. I'm not sure these are your pumps though. Neither of these are vacuum pumps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.