Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! After a drive, I noticed the drivers side front panel light dangling from the wire. Tried to put it back but looks like the clip to hold it in place is missing. Searched Amazon and ebay no luck:frown:

Question 1 : Any way I can glue this back (cheapo fix)
Question 2: Where can I get this part?

Thanks!
Nick

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
you talking on the side of the fender or the front by the light? depends on model year

·
97,361 Posts

·
97,361 Posts
from MB or any online mb oem parts site

Attachments

·
97,361 Posts
so it is the part in the picture in post 4?

·
97,361 Posts
it is not listed in epc except as a picture with no item number or part number or name.
makes me think it is not a buyable part from MB and might come with the fender. Of course, I've been wrong before

the ebay ad calls it
Side Marker Replacement LED Bulb Ultra White

i hope they are not just selling the bulb :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes Jeff! Thanks! Not sure how to describe it. The light works but it looks awful dangling on a wire! :(

I wouldn't suggest fixing it with glue. If your glue fails while your going down the road, you risk your dangling light scratching up your paint. For just a little money, you can be ridin' perty with a new one. This happened to mine as well. I had taken mine off to change a non-working bulb, and the plastic clip was so dry that it just broke. I ordered a replacement off of Ebay. While I was waiting for the part to ship, I still had to drive my car, so I unplugged the wires from the cover and pushed the wires back into the hole. When I got the new cover, I just fished the wires back out with a coat hanger. The replacement worked perfect. Just be careful putting your replacement on. You have to slide it towards the front of your car for the clip part to pop back in properly.

Here's what I ordered for mine: New Mercedes Genuine R170 W208 Turn Signal Light on Front Fender 210 820 09 21 | eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.