Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The locks stopped opening from the remote, still lock OK. When you open the Drivers door with the key, only the drivers door unlocks (don't know if this is correct)

A local garage said it was the vacuum pump in the boot, done a bit of research and it seemed logical. Got one from Ebay - same fault. He said its common and its probably another faulty unit. Got a refund and bought another one - fitted myself. Still same fault, I suspicious that I could have three faulty units. There is also a clicking noise sounds like a relay constantly click when you open it with the key.

Any idea's guys.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,266 Posts
Moving to r170 general discussion

·
Registered
274 Posts
usually the filler cap that goes first run the engine to build up vacuum then switch off and lock the car the lock that reacts the slowest will be the culprit. you don't have to change the lock just the vacuum unit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having just replaced the PSE on my E320, found some useful info in this article here. note the following:

"
The system uses a vacuum pump mounted under the passenger seat to either suck or blow air through lines to each door. At each door, there is a vacuum diaphragm that over time can leak and eventually fail."

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
... At each door, there is a vacuum diaphragm that over time can leak and eventually fail."
I do agree with that statement. If you hear a constant clicking then it may mean that the PSE is constantly pumping air due to the leak. When you hear this constant clicking try listening to the PSE in the boot and see if you can hear it working. Also, might worth a try to check all the vacuum tips/connections in doors.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I had this problem a couple of days ago and discovered that fuse number 26 is the key to the central locking system. Its a 20A fuse and provides power to the PSE pump. Hope this helps everyone. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.