Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

A couple of month ago the center console lighting on my R170 broke. I want to replace it but I have no idea which bulbs it needs and how to remove the center console. Does somebody have a step by step guide or a link to a video or website???
Please see the pictures below for more information.

p.s. What is the milleage/ amount of kilometers you get on a full tank? I am very curious because the most i got was 512 KM and average it is around 400 KM

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
696 Posts
The bulbs behind the heater controls are quite easy to replace, if a little fiddly. From memory, I think you just pull the handle off the rotating switch. I didn't know where to get mine from so I just went to a Mercedes dealer. Of course, they were quite expensive for what they were but it didn't break the bank and saved me running around and I had a good chance they were the right ones.

Here's the first result curtesy of my search engine.

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/196857-heater-control-dashboard-light-replacement.html

I haven't had to replace any others. Maybe search? If you go to General Discussion and then New Members Introduce Yourself Here you will find a sticky on how to get the best search results.

Mind you, it's odd if all the bulbs went out at once.......... or was it just the last one that failed :)

I use around 10litres/100km around town and maybe 8litres per 100km on a long run. But then mine's the 320; different to yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks for your response.
the bulb of where the air blows broke one night when I was driving. I hit it a few times and it turned back on. after this it didn't came on again.
But I think it is quite normal that the bulb broke because they are the original ones. and I also have to replace the bulb in the speedometer.so I guess it is just usual maintenance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't help you with the lights. But as for fuel consumption, the longest trip I have currently taken was 333.1 miles. That is about 536 km. The amount of gas I used was 12.05 USgal (that is what the gas pump read upon refilling). The average was 27.6 mpg for the trip.
I do have to say that I was not driving conservatively on the outbound half of the trip. I did on the return portion. I figured both separately and then in total. Outbound was a bit over 26mpg and return a bit over 30mpg.
I expect to get a little more fuel mileage than 30 mpg if I keep my driving civilized. That is hard to do at times with a fun little sport car like the SLK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.