Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of the UK forum users know of where I can look (other than ebay) to get a bonnet.

I have some rust around the badge and my body work guy said its too big a job for him for blending paint job and advised that buying a entire replacement bonnet may be cheaper than getting it re sprayed.

I am in the Guildford area.

Advise?????:confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
if your paint man can't manage to paint a bonnet to factory standard then he,s not worth having as a paint man. go elsewhere cheap isn't always good and good isn't ever cheap, any decent body shop should be able to do it. without seeing the rust its hard to say but I paint bonnets for local car sales places that are usually covered in stone chips for £250 ish

·
Registered
197 Posts
It can take awhile to locate a second hand bonnet in black. The ones in Ebay at the moment are silver. The price for a good rust free bonnet is between £200 to £300. Shipping would add quite a bit to the cost. Then you have the problem if fitting it as it is not exactly a one man job. As said before a quality repaint is around £250 and you wont have the problem of trying to align the bonnet. Black as a colour tends to match quite well but have a hunt for a good paintshop in your local area. Black bonnets do appear on Ebay from time to time but you have to be patient. Partshark is also a good place to look but no black ones at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts