Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the ignition key from its fob, I had to get a new steering lock fitted, then unfortunately I left the lights on and had too jump the car causing the SRS light to come on, I've taken the car to a couple of garages and they can't manage to get into the ECU, is this something that can be solved without buying a complete lock and Ecu unit off eBay, I'm really lost on what to do but it won't pass a mot with the SRS light on. thanks in advice for any advice

·
Super Moderator
11,483 Posts
Only aspect I can respond to: jumping is known to fry elec circuits so...........

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi,

You need to get the Car interrogated on SDS Diagnostic, if the Light is on there will be fault(s) and events stored, then we can advise you correctly on how to rectify the problem ;)

HTH,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for reply. I've tried having it checked with ads diagnostics and it won't connect to their computer, complete lock and Ecu change should fx this problem shouldn't it ?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If the Car starts and runs it has nothing to do with ECU / Locks / Immo. I am replying to your "SRS Light On"

If SRS Light is on, and SRS Module is not communicating the first thing I would check is SRS Fuse, (same with any Module that doesn't communicate) ;)

Finally, lets just make certain that we are on the same page here ..................

Most "Garages" do not have SDS..................

Was it actually SDS that was used, because most of the other Machines folks try and use on these Cars will not communicate with many of the Modules on an R170 correctly despite what the machines sales blurb / salesman / garage mechanic says ;)

HTH,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts