Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentlemen,

This is our 1992 Mercedes 300SL24, we have owned this car for the past 29 years and have vivid memories seeing it new and as it ages gracefully and being of this vintage. The design of look of this car was mesmerising since day 1 as I always thought one day it would be a modern classic.

I call this a crossroads car that bridges the older Mercedes quality and traits with modern amenities like the amazing power rear view mirror, power soft top and roll bar.

The car has been driven and has been dormant for the past 4 years after my grandfather's passing, I now have the passion to bring the car back to life and do the necessary things to get it to start (rolling restoration) and bring it up to a respectable level.

Its a 7 out of 10 in condition, what needs to be done is :

little cosmetics
seat electrics and other electric functions
Major service & other age and differed maintenance items.

It has stayed in Kuwait for 6 years in its early life and the 22 years after in France, It is on its way to Kuwait and hopefully will be with me in last week of March.

More images to follow soon

Thanking you in advance,

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
539 Posts
after being in your family for so long you must be bursting with excitement at the thought of restoring the car. Good luck, looking forward to more pictures as you progress.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
2,670 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

This is our 1992 Mercedes 300SL24, we have owned this car for the past 29 years and have vivid memories seeing it new and as it ages gracefully and being of this vintage. The design of look of this car was mesmerising since day 1 as I always thought one day it would be a modern classic.

I call this a crossroads car that bridges the older Mercedes quality and traits with modern amenities like the amazing power rear view mirror, power soft top and roll bar.

The car has been driven and has been dormant for the past 4 years after my grandfather's passing, I now have the passion to bring the car back to life and do the necessary things to get it to start (rolling restoration) and bring it up to a respectable level.

Its a 7 out of 10 in condition, what needs to be done is :

little cosmetics
seat electrics and other electric functions
Major service & other age and differed maintenance items.

It has stayed in Kuwait for 6 years in its early life and the 22 years after in France, It is on its way to Kuwait and hopefully will be with me in last week of March.

More images to follow soon

Thanking you in advance,

Hey alroumi,
Long time between communication but I’m back on the site. Moved to Italy in 2019.
Good luck with the restoration, the car deserves it!

Reactions: alroumi and npb748r

·
Super Moderator (UK)
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,036 Posts
What a wonderful project to have. Good luck getting the car back - and also good luck with the restoration. Looking forward to the pictures!

Reactions: alroumi and npb748r

·
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all,

I am overly excited to have it back and fix the necessary items to get the car on the road back to its former glory.

·
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey alroumi,
Long time between communication but I’m back on the site. Moved to Italy in 2019.
Good luck with the restoration, the car deserves it!
Wonderful country, I love Italy where are you staying ?

I have visited most of Italy and still have a few places to explore

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
2,670 Posts
Wonderful country, I love Italy where are you staying ?

I have visited most of Italy and still have a few places to explore
We bought a house in the south of the Italian heel, much more south and we’d be in the Ionian sea!

·
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We bought a house in the south of the Italian heel, much more south and we’d be in the Ionian sea!
Lovely!!!
I am happy for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts