Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rb The Northern California SLK Enthusiasts met in Pacifica on 6/15/13, drove up through San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, through the Marin Headlands, and on to lunch at the Buckeye Roadhouse in Mill Valley.16 cars (and their occupants) participated with R170, R171, and R172 represented. :Beer:

CRANK UP THE SOUND on your computer!

A QuickTime show of this June 2013 SLK Enthusiasts meet and drive can be seen here:

http://slkenthusiast.com/slkqt/1306slkw.mov

Hope you enjoy...

Past events can be seen at:
www.slkenthusiast.com

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Again Steve, great video! Did the fog EVER lift yesterday?

Great collection of R170's. And since we are gonna be doing this through the city in just a few weeks, I notice that you didn't take 19th all the way to the Golden Gate but rather Sloat Blvd., to highway 1? Is that what you would suggest? Then shoot up like Balboa or Geary on the other side of the park to the Golden Gate?

I think that there will only be 4 of us on this leg of the drive, but it would be nice if we could all stay together. 19th Ave. with all the signals will be a royal paint in the Arse.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Great collection of R170's. And since we are gonna be doing this through the city in just a few weeks, I notice that you didn't take 19th all the way to the Golden Gate but rather Sloat Blvd., to highway 1? Is that what you would suggest? Then shoot up like Balboa or Geary on the other side of the park to the Golden Gate?

I think that there will only be 4 of us on this leg of the drive, but it would be nice if we could all stay together. 19th Ave. with all the signals will be a royal paint in the Arse.
Good morning Steven,

Yep, it was a bit of a foggy day, although the sun was trying to peek through in the Marin Headlands.

The route was modified last minute with two major obstacles Alison discovered in a dry run. the first was that the great highway was closed, so we paralleled it to the windmill where we cut over to it just south of the cliff house. We cut up 42nd and went through the legion of honor area and up through the nice big homes to the Presidio, where there was also a bunch of construction.

IT WAS AMAZING THAT WE KEPT ALL 16 CARS TOGETHER, with just an occasional stranger between.

The second modification was in the Marin Headlands, where the tunnel was closed, so we detoured back up and out the entrance we came in.

I know we have a couple of folks that are planning on the July 20th ride (I have a reservation at the Best Western across from the beach hotel and hope to make it). We talked it up yesterday and I will be sending some email reminders for people to check SLKWorld. :tu:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Great collection of R170's.
I think the count was 7 170's, 8 171's, and my 172...the pics were more 170 because the 171's were at the front because our leader was in a 55 AMG and we generally group....me being the "clean-up safety" at the back. :biglaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts