Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Maybe take a tour of your local wrecking (breaker?) yard and ask if they have any SLK's kicking around. Then wander (if they'll let you) :tu:

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Not thinking that will happen. But maybe someone might want to put their car back to stock!
Don't think that will happen either. Those tips aren't a separate item. Comes as a total package.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
My bad :frown: For some obscure reason I thought you wanted tips. Don't know what came over me :wink:

·
Registered
555 Posts
There's a 55 for sale on ebay now ( maybe yours?) with one fitted so they must be about. Otherwise I will be looking at a rear box delete.
Mess around with the back boxes at your peril...
Do a search and you'll find numerous stories of people who have replaced or gutted their rear boxes and then regretted it - too loud on the motorway, droning and resonating etc.
An X pipe/ secondary cat delete is as far as most go and they sound pretty good.

Russ

·
Super Moderator
24,840 Posts
Do a search and you'll find numerous stories of people who have replaced or gutted their rear boxes and then regretted it - too loud on the motorway, droning and resonating etc.
An X pipe/ secondary cat delete is as far as most go and they sound pretty good.

Russ

He's looking for the exhaust system, not back box.

But you are right about messing with the back boxes.
Unless you follow a previously travelled and documented route.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Russ
I have cutouts before the rear boxes. Lots of fun but not all the time. There indeed always is a drone on the highway. So I'm glad to be able to close them or one of them sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts