Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SLK and it didn't have floor mats in it.
I went to the dealership to check on prices and they have the regular mats for about $90 and the AMG mats for $140.
I've seen the ones that say "SLK" down the side and have the M-B square under the heel... but can someone tell me the difference between these and the AMG mats?? I'm assuming someone has to have the SLK32 with AMG mats... pictures? or at least a description would be great to know whether they'll be worth the extra fifty bucks!
Thanks!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I purchased the OEM standard heavy rubber floor mats and they are great....easy to care for and very clean looking....not a bunch of visually distracting sutff on them.

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Hi Red

Well my 2002 SLK 32AMG has pretty ordinary mats in it, but you're welcome to see them! They're just what the previous owner sold it with, but the dirt is all my own work.

Welcome from London glad to have another 32 on board.

Kind regards,
Jonathan.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's what I have on my 230, except that the driver's mat has the MB square under the heal... I guess it's some kind of reinforcement cause some serious rubbing goes on in that area!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Red

Well my 2002 SLK 32AMG has pretty ordinary mats in it, but you're welcome to see them! They're just what the previous owner sold it with, but the dirt is all my own work.

Welcome from London glad to have another 32 on board.

Kind regards,
Jonathan.
I have exactly same floor mats but they are pretty worn out. Is going to the dealers only way to get new ones? I could really find any on the internet. I've had my SLK for only 3weeks now and this was the only thing I would chance on it!

Regards,
Olli
Espoo, Finland

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I always go for OEM rubber mats on my vehicles. Usually, you get a very good fit and they use good quality thick rubber. I think they they are much more practical than carpetmats, and give a more durable appearance.

The SLK OEM mats are particularly good for the R171, I don't know about the R170.

If you are left hand drive you can also consider http://www.weathertech.com/ They appear to be very good, although but I've never seen them in person.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I purchased the $140 AMG floor mats for my 32 from the dealer last week.
The original ones that came with the car simply said "SLK"

The AMG ones say "///AMG" instead. They don't really feel any different. Besides looking brand-new and clean (lol) they look like exactly the same mats, only the logo is different. There still is a square patch underneath the gas pedal area on the driver's mat like the original, but there is no additional text anywhere except the "///AMG" that runs vertically up each side, one on each mat.

I will take pics if you would like this evening of them and post them.

I was sort of dissappointed because I was hoping to get the mats that say "SLK32 ///AMG" and not just "///AMG" but I guess those are only in the 2004 model year SLK32s and my dealer couldn't find the part number for that one. He told me they probably don't make that anymore.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My floor mats both say SLK32////AMG, but with somewhat different embroderie color...the passenger side lettering is more white, and the driver side lettering is more gray. They came with car, so I don't know where they came from, and guessing that they were ordered at 2 different times given the difference in the lettering.

Sorry the photos are fuzzy. I think my digital camera has reached the end of the road. It has been in my motorcycle and cars for 5 years worth of canyon and mountain driving, and just won't focus properly every time.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
If any of you that are changing out your floormats still have the old ones,I would like to ask if you have any of the plastic retainers from the originals.I am in need of one,somehow the original owner either lost or broke one.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
604 Posts
My floor mats both say SLK32////AMG, but with somewhat different embroderie color...the passenger side lettering is more white, and the driver side lettering is more gray. They came with car, so I don't know where they came from, and guessing that they were ordered at 2 different times given the difference in the lettering.

Sorry the photos are fuzzy. I think my digital camera has reached the end of the road. It has been in my motorcycle and cars for 5 years worth of canyon and mountain driving, and just won't focus properly every time.
the reason the drivers side is grayer is due to the wear of the mat. (more use on the drivers side) some resolve carpet cleaner can help with that. the slk32 amg mats were color coded the same as the interior color. sm32 your mats were anthracite with alpaca piping and lettering the same as mine, and still available from the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.