Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, car is going into storage today and id like to remove my stock antenna as it interfers with my car cover. Is it as easy as it looks? Was to make sure there are no wires etc to deal with. Did not see anything specific on this topic, likely because its stupid question:tu: thanks!!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
No...it's dead easy. If you look at it you'll see a break between the bottom fairing attached to the fender and the vertical part of the whip/antenna. You may be able to twist it off with your hand .. or use a proper wrench not pliers (they'll scratch it)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,652 Posts
wrap wrench in washcloth first

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect, thanks guys! Hate putting it away:( but was offered free heated storage but with a small window to get it in....have the fuel stabiled so im ready to go.. Thx again!!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Every SLK I've bought so far has come with an antenna spanner - a flat black plastic disc with knurled edges and a slot through the middle. It normally hides in the central glove box. Drop it down over the antenna mast, down onto the two flats on the base and unscrew - simples.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
Hope you fill the gas tank with 100% gasoline. If not 100% use a stablizer for gasoline with ethanol. You can find it at a marine supply store.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guys, yes full tank premium but with 10% ethanol as usual, used marine stabile...love that stuff..use it in everything! And will put a trickle charger on after the holiday....sb good till then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.