Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about two things:

-Adaptive bi-xenon headlights. I understand that the R171 bi-xenon heads are NOT truly adaptive (read turn in the direction the steering wheel turns) However, when you all go down a hill do you notice the headlights point themselves slightly higher to aid in visibility?
And when you go up a hill do they automatically point themselves lower to avoid glare for oncoming traffic?
Do you notice the headlights "adjusting" when you turn the vehicle on?

Those of you who have lowered your car. Did the headlights adjust accordingly?

-Memory seats. I am coming from a Lexus IS250. In that car when I would turn it off the steering wheel would automatically retract into the dash and the driver seat would extend as far back as possible to aid in getting out of the car. When I turned the car on the steering wheel would greet my hand half way and the seat would go back to it's set position.

Does the SLK55 does this as described above? I loved the drama my Lexus interior had when turning on the car.

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,030 Posts
Morning

The Bi-Xenons are self levelling, hence moving up and down on hills!! - Lowering the car shouldn't make too much (if any) difference as the sensors are looking for a level, not height!!

Only early SLK's (R171's) had the full convienice package which moves the seat, steering wheel and wing mirrors (and is key dependent) when getting into the car.

Due to 'legalities', the seat movement part was removed on later vehicles just incase someone got something trapped whilst the seat was moving ...

I **think** it can be re-enabled in software - I've not done it, but pretty sure John (UK-C200) has ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning

The Bi-Xenons are self levelling, hence moving up and down on hills!! - Lowering the car shouldn't make too much (if any) difference as the sensors are looking for a level, not height!!

Only early SLK's (R171's) had the full convienice package which moves the seat, steering wheel and wing mirrors (and is key dependent) when getting into the car.

Due to 'legalities', the seat movement part was removed on later vehicles just incase someone got something trapped whilst the seat was moving ...

I **think** it can be re-enabled in software - I've not done it, but pretty sure John (UK-C200) has ...
Thanks Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.