Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 2001 SLK in for MAJOR repairs. Replaced the camshaft adjuster solenoid, wiring harness, and oxygen sensor. Once I got my car back from the shop.....the wipers didnt work anymore. The shops claims that the wipers were broken before they worked on my car. I know that they were in working order before I took the car in becuase I used them 2 days earlier. I know nothing about the inner workings of cars. Is it possible that while the repairs were being performed on the camshaft adjuster solenoid, wiring harness, and oxygen sensor that the wipers could have accidentally been affected? Are they even in the same general area as the parts that the shop worked on? Any guidance would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

F)

Thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! I'm no R170 expert, but I'm sure some of the residents will chime in with some advise.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,417 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.
Also, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I will go down to the car and check it out. Thanks for the guidance....will let you know if it works!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked the hood...unfortunately it was fine and the wipers still arent working. BUMMER!!!

Thanks for the idea and for your help.

Anjali

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Gabus,

I personally havent checked anything. I really am uniformed when it comes to the inner workings of cars. Thanks for the guidance!

Anjali

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.