Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SLK is a year-round car, however the last few days we have had some very wintery weather here that has forced me to leave my SLK in the garage, and instead car-pool with my wife in her 535xi. For almost one week I have not been able to drive the SLK and each day I walk past the car in the garage (leaving for work or returning) I feel so bad and long to drive it... Yes, I have tires that can handle the snow a wee bit but not trying to risk it... plus the wife enjoys me driving her and picking her up so much, she is pining for me to do it semi-permanently...

So wondering for those of you who store your SLK for weeks/months, how do you overcome the urge to drive it? I am at 1 week and the urge is almost too much... How do you guys and ladies do it? Any tips to share?

oh, I won't be in this position if I still had my Audi A4, unfortunately I gave the car to my daughter when she left for Medical School, and I don't see her returning it back ever bcos she tells me she loves the Audi too much...

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
906 Posts
My SLK is a year-round car, however the last few days we have had some very wintery weather here that has forced me to leave my SLK in the garage, and instead car-pool with my wife in her 535xi. For almost one week I have not been able to drive the SLK and each day I walk past the car in the garage (leaving for work or returning) I feel so bad and long to drive it... Yes, I have tires that can handle the snow a wee bit but not trying to risk it... plus the wife enjoys me driving her and picking her up so much, she is pining for me to do it semi-permanently...

So wondering for those of you who store your SLK for weeks/months, how do you overcome the urge to drive it? I am at 1 week and the urge is almost too much... How do you guys and ladies do it? Any tips to share?

oh, I won't be in this position if I still had my Audi A4, unfortunately I gave the car to my daughter when she left for Medical School, and I don't see her returning it back ever bcos she tells me she loves the Audi too much...
I resolved the issue by moving from the northeast...to northeast Florida...and no, I don't miss the freezing cold or snow...and I can drive my SLK anytime...of course there are days I keep the top up...rain for instance or the days it's in the high 90's and humid...but I still drive it...
You know, many like me retire from the northeast and move to Florida but I have yet to see anyone retire here in Florida and move to Mass...or Conn, or even RI...just saying...lol

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't look! ?*♂

The two cars sit side-by-side... wish I could avoid looking but have to walk past the SLK to get to the Bimmer...:grin:

IMG_6464.jpg

·
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I resolved the issue by moving from the northeast...to northeast Florida...and no, I don't miss the freezing cold or snow...and I can drive my SLK anytime...of course there are days I keep the top up...rain for instance or the days it's in the high 90's and humid...but I still drive it...
You know, many like me retire from the northeast and move to Florida but I have yet to see anyone retire here in Florida and move to Mass...or Conn, or even RI...just saying...lol

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Wish I could just up and move out of the NE... not yet anyway. The wife loves it here, particularly the 4 seasons.. Plus the kids all live in NY (one in NYC and the other on Long Island) which is close enough to visit... so we are stuck here awhile :crying:

·
Registered 2004 SLK55 Kleemann K2
156 Posts
Just looking outside the weather or at mornings when cleaning my winter beater out of snow it gives my great pleasure to know my SLK is in warm garage. I do start it in every 2-3 weeks and drive it outside to idle into operation temp. Thats about it.

·
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Order has been restored... a crisp but sunny 35F today and little snow or ice in sight means the SLK comes out of its 1 week hibernation.. ahhhh... felt so good driving this morning that I ended doing the drive all top-down.. and temp never rose higher than 35F.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Cover it, hear the garage, put it on a trickle charger, inflate tires and dream of spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts