Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am considering purchasing one of these cars, however I remember driving an 05 when they first came out that simply put had a terrible time deciding what gear it wanted to be in and it drove me nuts. IT was terribly slow to respond to manual shift requests and was constantly hunting for gears. The 2006 I just drove did not have this issue at all, and I was wondering if it was a simple remapping of the software (firmware) that changed and if so can it be done at the dealer on an 2005 or is it something more. What other differences were there between the two years.

Thanks,

Pinball

D

·
0 Posts
Probably bad adaptions on the car your drove the box's are normally quite responsive considering they are auto's

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think the olny difference is the way Mercedes packaged their options.

2005 & 2006
I think there used to be an "Entertainment" package which included Nav, but only if the "Premium" package was selected. Then you had different small options like airscarf, which may not have been available on 2005 my's.

First model year for SLK55 AMG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they may have added "Speedshift" to this model. Speedshift quickens gear changes by 50%, or some figure like that. This carries into 2007+

Here's some more info:
http://www.edmunds.com/mercedesbenz/slk55amg/2006/review.html

D

·
0 Posts
AMG Speedshift was from the first release of the car so that would be 05.

Not totally sure about the rest of the auto box range for the others off of the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Then you had different small options like airscarf, which may not have been available on 2005 my's.
Airscarf was optional since the start in all models and it's in the information folder (for the sales persons) since November 28, 2003 for the then available models SLK 200k, SLK 350 and SLK 55 AMG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.