Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to buying a 55 plate SLK 200K but an a bit unsure as I should go for Black or Silver and stick shift or auto, not to fussed either way but i think Black is my preference.

·
Registered
533 Posts
In terms of the 200K, i'd much rather have the Manual option as the Auto is a bit sluggish. It's not the 7G Tronic you get in the 350 or the 55, but a 5 speed instead. The Manual in the 200 just feels better and more sporty for that engine class.

Colour much like the transmission comes down to personal preferance. Black is more agressive but at the same time, stonechips, scratches and dirt just shows up more easily. If you're happy about whatever colour, i'd go with it, as long as you can live with it in the end.

Personally given the choice, my 2 fav SLK colours are Iridium Silver and Cubanite Silver (and with the facelift now Palladium Silver).

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)My wife has a 2006 SLK 350, silver with six speed manual. Guess what my choice is?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise, I have left a deposit on a one owner Black manual SLK 200K 55 reg, it has the two options I really wanted (heated leather, Air scarf) and only 9000 miles from new.
My partner has a Z3 and I always got so jealous when she called me on the way home to tell me she had the roof down!!!!
I didnt think I could afford a 171 but the credit crunch has some amazing benifits?
I look forward to many happy miles in my new toy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
congrats fm a fellow 200k manual in black on black :tu:.

check out my photo albums to have a look at some (crappy to be honest, but :)) snapshots of the obsidian hue.

brgds fm athens, greece, and welcome aboard!
ir-ops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.