Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Perhaps I could offer my/our perspective. My wife is hesitant to drive it because she thinks it's "too much car for her". Not so much the performance part, but rather the optics of it (the so-called "social perception"). According to her, the "55 AMG" badge makes her look/feel like a poser (and flamboyant) for the down-to-earth girl she really is (and I concur with the latter). She picked up an EOS for her, instead (...I could not have been happier for me and the SLK ...but I digress).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do it for her!
I preferred to buy her a VW EOS, instead. I threw the (expensive) bait and she took it. You see, her feelings towards the SLK were not worthy of de-badging :biglaugh:.
I like your spirit, though. Ladies should love you :tu:

(Now I must stop posting here anymore in fear of hijacking this thread. What? I have done it already? My sincere apologies to the OP and Mods).

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
We are a deep thinking bunch Aris! So do continue posting.

As for the Mrs, there is nothing wrong with a woman driving an SLK - even an AMG! - as long as she avoids two big sunglasses (especially indoors), too blonde hair, too short skirts and too high heels (though as a general rule I'm not averse to the latter two.....).

Besides, a professor pulling in driving a VW...would look so respectable...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I drive a 2002 AMG, and I don't feel anything but pride (and exhilaration when I mash the gas pedal). Maybe because I earned my car: it was a gift to myself for finishing college (late in life), getting my degree and establishing my new career successfully. For me it's a badge of honor.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,218 Posts
Maybe because I earned my car: it was a gift to myself for finishing college (late in life), getting my degree and establishing my new career successfully. For me it's a badge of honor.
Way to go girl! Wear that badge proudly!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry to jump in so late, but I'm new around here. Just got a 2008 SLK55 AMG. Husband drove it home as I was way too tired, so I haven't even really driven it myself yet. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll get some miles in during the next few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think this really counts, but my other car is a S55 AMG. I LOVE it! My husband happened upon the SLK and knew I had been looking for one. I could see where I might neeeed the AMG version soon. :)

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
15,040 Posts
Any Single Ladies out there driving an Amg? I have abit Slk with draw and i wouldn,t mind been picked up by some Hot Betty in a hot Car..... I even pay for the Petro....... Lol.... your never 2 old 2 start over again....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.