Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this ever happened to you? - I hope not.

Over the weekend we were doing a track relay near Goole. We PRT'd a 20 wagon auto-ballaster, and once we got the work site, moved it to an 'out of the way' position then the driver buttoned it down and went off shift.

At 6 on Sunday morning, we had the track in, and wanted to start dropping stone, so we got the new train crew out. The train was 'topped & tailed' and when he got on, he found both loco's had no power whatsoever. Looks like the outgoing driver had forgotten to switch off the battery master switch on both ends. We had to call out a fitter who came with a petrol genny, and the biggest set of jump leads I'd ever seen in my life. After 45 mins we got it going. I bet the out going driver will get a slapped wrist this morning!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
fitter not called mark by any chance woolly ?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't catch his name, but that's him standing with his back to the camera (ok, phone!!) with the EWS vizzy vest in the 2nd pic. And he drives a plain white (un sign-written) MB Sprinter van. He had to go off to Ferrybridge services half way through to get petrol for the genny - we didn't know any local garages open at that time in the morning.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
I didn't catch his name, but that's him standing with his back to the camera (ok, phone!!) with the EWS vizzy vest in the 2nd pic. And he drives a plain white (un sign-written) MB Sprinter van. He had to go off to Ferrybridge services half way through to get petrol for the genny - we didn't know any local garages open at that time in the morning.
Dam its not mark the thought of him having to get up early to actually do something would of made me laugh.

I was looking at brake pads off a train they changed out the other week, bloody huge.

Reactions: Woolly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts