Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with sending a reply to a 'conversation' I have searched until my eyes hurt but cannot see anything that remotely resembles a Send or Post tab/button.

I have had what I thought I knew was a PM and cannot find any means of replying/sending my response.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Can anyone help me with sending a reply to a 'conversation' I have searched until my eyes hurt but cannot see anything that remotely resembles a Send or Post tab/button.

I have had what I thought I knew was a PM and cannot find any means of replying/sending my response.
There is a box at the bottom of the message that you type your reply in. Then hit "post reply.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts

That is virtually identical to posting a reply in a thread. The screenie I included was from this thread BTW, but it is the same look/format.

IF YOU WANT, send me a conversation (PM) and I'll post the screenie of my reply to you.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts

Hi LDB. I am afraid I do not have any such box indeed the page looks nothing like the one in your screen.
Please send me a PM (ie conversation) and I will take a pic of the screen I use to reply to you.

DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE: you know how to initiate a conversation?

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
OK, we'll go slow. See the top right banner where it says NEW? To the right of that, there are three icons, the middle one is a picture (of your avatar). Click on that and a drop down will show with a number of options, conversations being one of them. Click on that and it will show you all conversations started and received that have not already been deleted by you.

Then you enter the members name (a box will drop down giving a list of names that match/closely match--tap the correct name and it will show up in the address line) and text then hit {post reply}

Again, this is a pic of posting in THIS thread, but the format for a conversation is the same.

BTW, when we finish this issue, I am moving all posts to the Community thread so all can follow. That will be where you should post future questions, not in a separate thread like you did here 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Len. I am trying to reply to a conversation/PM !! that was started by a member but there is nowhere on any part of the page for my return reply.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,874 Posts
that member might have shut off replies
start a new convo with len or me and we will reply to test you out

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi jb. What is the red flash that appears on some of the Avatars ?

I would doubt that replies have been shut off because of the nature of the first message.

·
92,874 Posts
good question i have no idea either
depends who has em

apparently only mods or super mods or admins

see my convo i sent to you
start a new convo with me or reply to my convo in your account settings

don't confuse messages and conversations

you post a message in a thread
you now converse in a conversation

·
92,874 Posts
again, you said:

Hi Len. I am trying to reply to a conversation/PM !! that was started by a member but there is nowhere on any part of the page for my return reply.

a member that starts a convo has the option to 'end' the convo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is small clock at the top left of the last message that was sent to me and it shows 30 days !!!

The conversation was only started earlier this afternoon !!

·
92,874 Posts
let's solve one mystery at a time
you said you wanted to start a convo
please follow along

go to ur icon top right
then conversation
then start conversation
address to me jbanks15
type message
then send it

a lightning bolt is a moderator or super mod or admin
a star is a premium member or rotm winner we have to see what other members have to decide on that

·
92,874 Posts
star is premium member

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
So, we spent a lot of time on this issue yesterday but did not hear back from you. Have you got it working now??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts