Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how easy the process was. When I bought the car, I decided to purchase an extended warranty through Carchex which is underwritten by Century Warranty Services. (garylight also has warranty through them) I noticed oil seepage on the ol' pup a couple weekends ago when installing my green filters, which you all helped confirm that I should have looked at.

Well, I had a little anxiety about dealing with them and repair claim process. Luckily, my service advisor at the dealership had an "Easy" button. All I did was give him the toll free number to Century. The dealership handled all the paperwork and billing directly with them. My car was fixed on the spot and all I had to do was pay my $100 deductible. I highly recommend the Carchex warranty!

*Now, that was EASY! :tu:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you use Rich Van Sickle as your service advisor? He works hard at making his customers happy. Also was able to get a printout for the car. Terry

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you use Rich Van Sickle as your service advisor? He works hard at making his customers happy. Also was able to get a printout for the car. Terry
Hi Terry,
Yep, Rich is my service advisor. 100% satisfied in all my visits, other than the one time my car was accidentally washed, but that wasn't his fault. Have you had anyone else as an advisor?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can't believe how easy the process was. When I bought the car, I decided to purchase an extended warranty through Carchex which is underwritten by Century Warranty Services. (garylight also has warranty through them) I noticed oil seepage on the ol' pup a couple weekends ago when installing my green filters, which you all helped confirm that I should have looked at.

Well, I had a little anxiety about dealing with them and repair claim process. Luckily, my service advisor at the dealership had an "Easy" button. All I did was give him the toll free number to Century. The dealership handled all the paperwork and billing directly with them. My car was fixed on the spot and all I had to do was pay my $100 deductible. I highly recommend the Carchex warranty!

*Now, that was EASY! :tu:
Wow, that's excellent Brian. Century handled my claim very well also, but the local dealer wouldn't accept payment from them. I had to pay them first and then submit a claim to CWS. Other than that hassle the process worked great. It sounds like you have a great dealer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Brian, whats your coverage and how much did you pay for it? Were you recommeded via your dealer or you researched and got it?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian, whats your coverage and how much did you pay for it? Were you recommeded via your dealer or you researched and got it?
Moe, I researched on my own and got it. Here's the post with all the specifics http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/9862-extended-warranty-decision-very-soon-help.html#post109375

Let me also add that if I'd gone with company A, the repair I just had done would not have been covered. The whole point of a warranty is to cover things that go wrong. What good is it if I have to pay big bucks for the warranty and then pay for repairs. I don't know of another extended warranty, besides perhaps a CPO warranty, that covers seals and gaskets as a standalone item.

·
Registered
561 Posts
ah..thanks Brian! I'm at the stage now where i 1) get MB extended 2) get third-party 3) do nothing (car has very low miles and i don't think i'll be putting much by the time i decide to flip it).

Is this warranty transferable? I know MB extended are and if you decide not to transfer it, you can get some money back depending on their "formula".

I read some horror stories online on Century Warranty Services so i'm a little skeptical. I could ask my dealers to see if they have worked with them....

Do you suggest going via Carchex or directily contact CWS?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this warranty transferable? I know MB extended are and if you decide not to transfer it, you can get some money back depending on their "formula".

I read some horror stories online on Century Warranty Services so i'm a little skeptical. I could ask my dealers to see if they have worked with them....

Do you suggest going via Carchex or directily contact CWS?
Yes the warranty is transferrable (I think there's a $40 processing fee) and also can be canceled at anytime for a prorated refund. The proration formula doesn't follow any magic, it's exactly that. It does use the lesser of time remaining or mileage. So if you have 50% time left, but 40% mileage, you'd get 40% refund.

Definitely ask your dealer what warranties they have experience with, how the process works, etc. I bet you can find horror stories on every extended warranty out there.

I'm not sure you can purchase it directly from CWS. The Carchex thing was slick and you can also finance it over up to 18 months for a small "processing fee", but my guy waived it for me.

I have a PDF copy of the contract I can email you if you're interested:tu:

·
Registered
561 Posts
That's nice to hear. I asked the dealer what the MB "formula" was and she said she doesn't know and MB doesn't disclose it. Whenever it is a blackbox, you bet the consumer is going to get screwed.

If you don't mind emailing sure.....y'know my addy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.