Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fairly low mileage in black '05 at $39K. Tires look new. Anything in particular that I should have my pre purchase mechanic look for on this year and model?
43,000 miles on her.

Thanks

Bigflyer
'03 320 SLK Magma Red

·
Registered
390 Posts
Price sounds a bit high. I don't believe that vintage E55 was using the 7G-Tronic transmission so you shouldn't have to worry about the valve body / conductor plate issue from that era. And the M113 E55 engines are a known quantity with no nasty surprises. Mercedes superchargers and cooling systems are very reliable.

What options and features does the car have? That may be where you run into some expensive repairs. Airmatic? Look into the service history to see if the air springs, active dampers, or on-board compressor have been replaced. If they haven't, expect some expensive failures at some point. A company named Arnott makes aftermarket replacements that are OEM equivalent at much much lower prices.

Mods? Supercharger or crank pulleys used on the car? This may be hard to tell because returning the car to stock form for a sale takes little effort and time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fairly low mileage in black '05 at $39K. Tires look new. Anything in particular that I should have my pre purchase mechanic look for on this year and model?
43,000 miles on her.

Thanks

Bigflyer
'03 320 SLK Magma Red
$39k for an 05 E55? Ummm? You mean $29k?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Also agree price seems high. I've been seeing '07 E63s for that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts