Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A punt gun is a type of extremely large shotgun used in the 19th and 20th centuries for shooting large numbers of waterfowl for commercial harvesting operations. Punt guns were usually custom-designed and so varied widely, but could have bore diameters up to 2 inches. A single shot could kill a whole flock of waterfowl resting on the water's surface. They were too big to hold and the recoil so large that they were mounted directly on the punts used for hunting, hence their name.

He shoots 5 clays in the air at once, then demonstrates the punt gun on 128 clay pigeons.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Was lucky enough to see his demonstation shootin in person couple years ago. This guy is amazing and quite the character. Think I will fit one of these guns in the trunk of the SLK for tailgaters. Shootin sports is fun, challenging and the folks you meet are generally good folks. :tu:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
shooting is fun. I do a lot of competition shooting.

I came in 2nd place in the State of PA in .22 bore open sight 50 foot targets. To explain it easier, but a JFK 50 cent peice 50 feet away, and if you dont shoot his eye out exactly you get points off your target. 20 targets, perfect score 200. Ya I shot a 200 :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Baron, remind me to be nice to you. Congrats, I too shoot often, not as when younger but when I can. Was an instructor in firarms and pursuit driving while a State Trooper. I shoot Bumble Bees while in flight with a 22 AMT Lightning open sights. ( did'nt mention that I use rat shot when performing that task). Have amazed many doin that trick and never told them of rat shot. HEE HAW good for a grin. :biglaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.