Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've done a search with negative results. However it's 3:30 AM, I've just done a q2 hr shift so maybe I've missed something.

I noticed on the drive home my puddle lights were on, both sides. In the darkness of the night drive, it was quite easy to see.

When I arrived home is a tried looking at things. The pin that activates the window drop down was where I was poking. When I would push it in by hand, the window went back up and the light went out. Repeated tries on both doors yielded the same results. But with the door closed, the lights remained on while the window went back up.

WTH?!?

I have replaced the OEM puddle lights with the flash ones that beam down the M-B logo. And considering the time, I haven't tried swapping them back in. I will try tomorrow to see if there is a difference.

In the meantime, does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Dave

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
Dave, per your datacard and options in your brochure

https://ragtop.org/mbbrochures/2006/canada/06_slk_en.pdf

you have ambient lighting which means it cannot be shut off

Delayed-shutoff courtesy lamps. Dual reading lamps. Automatic ambient interior
lighting of console and footwells. Entrance lamps in doors.
Illuminated console
storage. Illuminated vanity mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror.

per pburt01 post:
I just talked to MB and they explained it's part of their 'ambient' lighting. No off switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting. I've been driving home 2 nights out of 4 for the past 5 months of ownership and had never noticed this.

I did go back to the garage after I posted this and found the lights out. After opening the door, they stayed on for about a minutes.

Thanks for the info, it eases my mind quite a bit.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Perhaps the OEM puddle lights dimmed down low enough not to be noticed. LED lights don't dim down like regular bulbs can, so will be more noticeable. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.