Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise where there are new/refurbished /secondhand units available, part no 170 800 0848 as I have just discovered mine is severely corroded.(apart from MB dealer)

Thanks.

[email protected]

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
It's funny, I was thinking of this the other day. I haven't seen anyone selling refurbished ones, but in a previous life, I used to be a marine electronics design & service engineer, and would think nothing of refurnishing/reworking PCBs.

If you end up getting a new PSE pump, I would love your old one to see what can be done with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had no luck with the quest for an alternative source and conclude that it must be MB dealer source. The prices asked on Ebay etc and Salvage Yards for salvage parts both in the UK and in Europe generally are not worth the risk and represent poor value.
The part is reliable until damaged by water ingress which is a design flaw in the R170. However the problem may not be solved entirely with a new PSE unit as the connector itself is also subject to corrosion but it is available as a separate part.
Good luck in your search.
DaveT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts