Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My console storage compartment will not unlock. All the other locks, doors, trunk/boot, and gas cap work fine. But I can get the storage compartment to open.
I've slid the PSE pump out and see the yellow lines leading from it. I have a vacuum tool that I can use to test.
But I'm not sure I can get the lines off and back on without damaging them.
What is the proper way to chase this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having been working on my PSE pump all day, I understand your reluctance to try to disconnect the hoses from the connectors. You can, however, remove the entire vacuum hose plastic manifold from the PSE by pushing the central locking bar located in its center towards the wheel arch. You can also remove each vacuum line seperately from the manifold by using a small screwdriver to disengage the locking tab where it snaps downwards into the manifold. I was able to apply a handheld food sealer vacuum pump to each line to check that it worked.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If your doors, trunk and gas tank door are all working correctly, more than likely the vacuum line to the center console lock mechanism is off. I found out the hard way! For almost a year, I thought there was an issue with the latch on the center console. I would have to open it with a credit card and slide it in between the latch to open it. I was not aware that there was a vacuum lock on the center console until I removed it for re-paint. Sure enough, the vacuum line had either worked it's way off or someone had removed it in the past and not re-installed it. I replaced the original line with a longer line and now it works as advertised. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your doors, trunk and gas tank door are all working correctly, more than likely the vacuum line to the center console lock mechanism is off. I found out the hard way! For almost a year, I thought there was an issue with the latch on the center console. I would have to open it with a credit card and slide it in between the latch to open it. I was not aware that there was a vacuum lock on the center console until I removed it for re-paint. Sure enough, the vacuum line had either worked it's way off or someone had removed it in the past and not re-installed it. I replaced the original line with a longer line and now it works as advertised. Hope this helps.
Thanks this helps a lot. I bought the car like this and have yet to open it, I'll use the credit card trick for now. I thought that if one of the lines were leaking the others wouldn't work properly. I'll figure out how to get them off. Then use a mity vac to see if it will work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I never had an issue with door locks, trunk, etc. The pump never ran excessively, even with the center latch vacuum line detached.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the credit card trick to get it open. Then I took the locking mechanism off. I'll pull the console and fix it at a later date.
At least I can have some extra storage.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.