Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I need to source a PSE pump for my 2001 SLK 200 Kompressor and the part number its fitted with is 1708000848 and i can't get one of these in the UK. I have seen on eBay of a 210 800 02 84 which fits a 210 or a CLK now visibly these look exactly the same so has anyone got any insight on this part and do they know if they are inter changeable.

Cheers

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
12 Posts
I would bet the only real difference might be at mounting configuration. If the plug and pull y look right and the mounting depths look close you could probably get it in with a simple bracket mod. May even get lucky and it fits right in. Depends how brave you are really. Might want to hold out for the exact part number. Look on eBay for someone parting out a whole car and contact them. Might not have posted it yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a 2108001348 arrived last night and it fits perfectly and the hazards don't flash (which they did on the damaged on) put it doesn't work the central locking (it only keeps the drivers door open). Does anyone know if there is a fuse as well as this pump that may have blown or any other idea's why the 210 PSE Pump is not fully working

Many Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
From what I've seen and others have experienced, I don't think mix-and-matching PSE's work. Every instance I've read about this, certain things simply don't work. Yes, the size/connectors may match and be very similar, but the parts are simply incompatible. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Do you still have the damaged PSE? It may not be beyond repair. Mine was in awful condition (ridiculous corrosion, and even a broken connector pin) and I was still able to sit down, clean the thing, and make my own pin for it, solder it on, etc. It's been working great for months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is info about this on Benzworld..'Greenfire' posted that you need to swap
an IC, MC68HC705X32 FROM THE 210 TO the 170 pump.
Don't think it's easy, but worked for him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.