Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I finally have a donor car for my project. Unfortunately it did not come with a PSE module. I have sourced a replacement but none of the yellow tube seem to be labelled. On the replacement unit 178000848 for a 2001 320 SLK I can see there are connections for BFT, TK, FT. Anyone know any tricks to determine which is which? Pic attached, thanks in advance.
IMG_3017.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, especially @slk230red for the pic, fair point about the lengths of the cables. Amazing how you can't notice that when looking straight at it?? I'll give it based on the lengths. Guess I need to understand worst case if I flip the two longest wires.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,490 Posts
If you wait for the other two members that I have mentioned, they may have more for you.
Either ID or, what happens if they go the wrong way around.

The shortest looks obvious from your pic.
That leaves it 50:50 on the two longer tubes.

I'll make one more, rare mention @Dave2302
We might drag him away from his multiple projects for a moment.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Hi,

A lot of the list below isn't fitted to R170 but this might be good to put somewhere for reference as it will apply to all PSE's on all MB's .............

Perhaps OP or someone could let us know what TK is as it's not one I've had the pleasure of before, I can add it to my ref list then ;)

MB abbreviations for PSE Functions:-

FKS = Head Restraints
KAF = Head Restraints
HECK = Boot (Trunk) Lock
TD = Fuel Flap
MKL = Left and Right Front Seats
FT = Right Front Door
BFT = Left Front Door
FOL = Left Rear Door
FOR = Right Rear Door
SK = Optional Security Boot (Trunk) Locks

Now in the R170 case it really won't matter if you get 'em wrong, as their are only 3 so some functions must be interconnected, ............

If weird things happen swap a couple until it works right ;)

If you choose to learn a tad, get a small Vac Pump like "Mity Vac" and apply a Vacuum to each pipe in turn, see which of the Door Buttons moves and when, label that pipe, go to next pipe ....................

etc etc so now you know which pipe does what you can look at the above listings on your PSE Pump and plug 'em in :)

HTH :)

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Oh, "Light Bulb Moment" .....................

I think that TK might be the Vacuum Lock on the Centre Console Lid, I found that when I took the Console outta mine way back ;)

So then your Right Door is likely Teed into Filler Flap and Boot (Trunk) Teed into other Door............

They all work at the same time when you lock the car, but the Centre Console one only works when the Roof is down (IIRC) ;)

Extra cookies and milk all round
🤣 .................

Corona or Coors Light ;)

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K, 2001 SLK320
1,491 Posts
If you wait for the other two members that I have mentioned, they may have more for you.
Either ID or, what happens if they go the wrong way around.
Nothing untoward is the short answer, if you have the dbl-press enabled on the key fob, you just unlock the doors/flaps in a different order 🙃

MB abbreviations for PSE Functions:-

FKS = Head Restraints
Not to be confused with ffs which is something entirely different … :p

Anyway .. Post-FL .. attached diagram is self-explanatory(ish):

Attachments

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Not to be confused with ffs which is something entirely different …
I know exactly what that is lol ..............

That is when you have connected 'em all up wrong 🤣 .............

Especially on a loaded E Class, I had one in here that had been to MB, guy gave up, they fitted a PSE and each time he unlocked the Car only 3 Doors Unlocked and the Rear Headrests would deploy upwards .............

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K, 2001 SLK320
1,491 Posts
I know exactly what that is lol ..............

That is when you have connected 'em all up wrong 🤣 .............

Especially on a loaded E Class, I had one in here that had been to MB, guy gave up, they fitted a PSE and each time he unlocked the Car only 3 Doors Unlocked and the Rear Headrests would deploy upwards .............
ffs :ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts